Alexander III was born in 365BC. He ascended to the throne of Macedonia when his father died; Alexander was only 20. As a young boy he was tutored by Aristotle and by the age of 30 he had conquered most of the known world from Greece to India.
1. Only the best doctors should be allowed to to carry my coffin to the grave site.
2. All the wealth I have accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) in my life should be scattered along the procession route on the way to the cemetery.
3. My hands should be let loose and hang outside my coffin for all to see !!
One of his generals was surprised by these unusual requests and asked Alexander to explain.
Here is what Alexander the Great supposedly told his generals:
1. "I only want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death, even with all their knowledge and skills they do not possess the power to heal all”
2. "I want the road to be covered with my personal fortune so that everybody will see that all the material wealth one acquires on earth will always remain on earth - you can't take it with you to the afterlife.”
3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people will understand we all come to this world empty handed and we all leave this world empty handed.
TIME is so precious because it is LIMITED. We can always produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.
When we give someone our time, we actually giving them a portion of our life - for our time is our life!
The best present we can ever give our families and friends is our TIME.