Saturday, March 31, 2012

Why We Should Never Whine

One day upon a city bus,
I saw a woman with golden hair,
I envied her, cause she looked so fair.

But as she rose to leave the bus,
I saw her hobble down the aisle.
With only one foot, she used a crutch,
Yet when she passed, she shared a smile.

O God forgive me if I ever whine.
I have two feet; the world is mine.


Later when I stopped to eat,
an old man grabbed me by my arm.
We spoke at length and then he said,
"Thank you Mister you've been very kind.
You see," he said, "I was born blind."

O God forgive me if I ever whine,
I have two eyes; the world is mine.


Heading home I walked my way,
and saw a girl with eyes so blue.
She stood and watched the others play,
yet seemed to know not what to do.

I asked, "Why don't you join the others, Dear?"
But she looked ahead with a word.
Then I knew she could not hear.

O God forgive me if I ever whine.
I have two ears; the world is mine.


With feet to take me where I want to go,
and eyes to see every sunset's glow, and
ears to hear what I need to know,
I'm blessed indeed - the world is mine.

and God forgive me if I ever whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment